The underlying philosophies of the martial arts
Martial arts literature has always emphasized one point heavily –“Love the cause of the fighting, not the fighting itself.” This reflects the true purpose of the martial arts – to maintain order and balance in our surroundings, not to disrupt its harmony by creating negativity through our actions, and to maintain civility and etiquette at all times. The martial arts teach us about discipline, about restraint, about responsibility.
In today’s world, although we consider ourselves to be a very advanced form of life that has made extremely rapid progress given how old it is, crime exists, either driven by individualistic motives or by the dire need to survive. However, the martial arts do not exist to fight crime – they exist to provide us with a means of defense in order to keep our lives in harmony and balance and to help us lead disciplined lives. Learn more about martial arts teachings and disciplines by clicking HERE.
Why women need knowledge and proficiency of the martial arts
The conventional idea of women being below men in terms of their position in society has existed for a long time, largely due to the cultural norm of a male-dominated, patriarchal structure of society. While things are vastly better today, with women standing at par with men in all aspects of social life (often above men in some), in a physical confrontation, solely due to female physiology, a males have the upper hand as their physiology favors endurance and an increased capacity for physical work. However, this isn’t an impediment to hold women back. Training in the martial arts provides several benefits to women, that improve their quality of life on several levels, be it physical, mental or even spiritual. Martial arts training promotes strengthening of core muscle groups, a healthy metabolism, and improved cognitive function among several other benefits. Visit Groupon Deals to find a great deal on martial arts instruction in your community.
Benefits of martial arts training for women
- Increased strength, agility, dexterity and vitality, allowing for a healthy body that in turn leads to a healthy state of mind and peace with oneself.
- Strength- of- mind and inner piece, in the face of all turbulence in one’s surroundings. The martial arts train us to be composed and calm in the face of all situations, stressful and relaxed, in order to lead a peaceful and fulfilling life.
- Awareness of oneself is key to attaining inner peace and tranquility, as one understands one’s body and mind deeper than they have ever gotten to before.
- Improved focus and concentration – Martial arts training has been proven to develop improvements in one’s mental capabilities, especially in terms of improving the intensity of focus and concentration one can muster in the face of all ups and downs.
- Discipline and Responsibility – The martial arts, while teaching one how to perform in combat, also teach us the value of restraint, responsibility, peace, love and non-violence. A firm understanding of the martial arts emphasizes that violence must always be the last resort towards resolving a situation, only to be exercised when all other means of resolution have failed.
One of the biggest advantages of taking up a form of martial arts for women is self-defense. In a world that is turning increasingly unsafe for women, where crimes against women have sky-rocketed, it helps to know some form of martial arts. There are many cases of domestic violence against women that go unreported, but being empowered with self-defense techniques do definitely help you take care of such situations.
Another major benefit of opting for a martial art form is building confidence. Women often suffer from emotional traumas and low self-esteem. A martial art form could help you alleviate your depression and fight the blues effectively. Your interpersonal relationships could improve drastically.
Network to win
Then, there is the sense of belonging to a community. You could be a single mother battling loneliness or a woman who has just been in a situation that has made a negative impact on your emotional well-being. In such a scenario, joining a martial art dojo could help. There is a sense of bonding, and you now have a network of people to share your insecurities and fears. Visiting a Go2Karate.com martial arts location is a great way to get to know your community members.A community also helps you overcome anger and you can laugh your troubles away. Go2Karate brings the martial arts locations in your community to YOU! Click FAQ to get answers to questions that some of our current clients had about our program!
Staying in shape
Last but not the least, any martial art form, be it judo or karate, helps you stay in great shape. You could shed those extra calories, keep fit and agile. A great physique can be very flattering for any woman. Click Groupon Deals to find a GREAT deal on karate classes in your community!
There is no better way to shatter the glass ceiling than to take up a martial art form which has traditionally and historically been dominated by men. Arming yourself with martial art skills means to show the world that women power is here to stay!